Psychiatric Associates of Iowa has joined the Nystrom & Associates family! Psychiatric Associates will continue to operate much the same way it has always been and you will experience very few, if any changes. Below are some questions and answers about how this change may affect you:
Providing quality care for our clients is our utmost priority and will continue uninterrupted at Psychiatric Associates. Your care will be with the same providers and at the same locations and hours of operation.
No, you will continue to schedule by calling into the office or you may request an appointment on our website.
Yes! We will continue to provide visits via telehealth for the foreseeable future. For our virtual visits, we use a HIPAA compliant platform called Lifesize. Your provider will send you a link and you can open in your web browser to start the session or download the app on your smartphone. For each session, you will receive a new link (extension number) via email. For psychiatry appointments, you will also receive the link via text message. These links are sent from firstname.lastname@example.org so you may need to check your spam folder if you have not received your link in your inbox.
If your insurance was in-network prior to the partnership, it will remain so. If you would like to make a payment, you may call into our office or go online by following the instructions on your statement. Our Patient Financial Services Team is your main point of contact for any questions about insurance, billing, or payments and payment plans.
You can also pay your bill through our website by clicking here.
As we transition, you may receive statements from both Psychiatric Associates and Nystrom & Associates. Once our systems are fully integrated, you will only receive your statement from Nystrom & Associates.
You will receive multiple appointment reminders via different methods. You will receive an email 5 days prior, an automated phone call 3 days prior, and a text message 2 days and 1 day/same day prior to your appointment. All methods do give you the option to cancel your appointment in the event that you need do so. However, if your appointment is within 24 hours, you will need to contact our office to cancel your appointment. The email reminders are sent from email@example.com so you may need to check your spam folder if you have not received your email reminder in your inbox.
FollowMyHealth is a Patient Portal. By registering and using FollowMyHealth, you enjoy the following benefits:
- View your upcoming scheduled appointments
- Request, reschedule, or cancel an appointment
- View and pay your bill online
- Review and get information about diagnoses
- Update your insurance and demographic information
We will be adding more features such as sending and receiving secure messages with your outpatient therapist or medication provider.
If you have questions, you can contact FollowMyHealth Support at 1-888-670-9775 (7:00am – 7:00pm) or at firstname.lastname@example.org
We’re a group of professional care providers from the fields of psychiatry, psychology, marriage and family therapy, clinical social work, addiction treatment, and nursing who are committed to helping individuals and families that are experiencing personal, emotional, marital, or psychological challenges. We are all about helping!
We operate on the premise that truly effective living involves a balanced integration of all aspects of our lives including emotional, relational, cognitive, physical, and spiritual. When one experiences difficulty in one of these areas confidential and sensitive mental health care can assist in the healing process.
Nystrom & Associates was founded in 1991 to provide quality care to those in need. We live by the mantra that quality, access, and convenience are the three pillars to a successful outcome for you.
Our employees are passionate about serving others and have a strong desire to work in the behavioral health and addiction treatment fields. We regularly review cases in a multidisciplinary team setting to ensure diagnostic and treatment planning accuracy. This helps ensure that we give you the best possible care. We also hold regular educational trainings to help ensure our providers stay on the cutting edge of their respective areas of treatment.
In Minnesota we meet the highly rigorous requirements of quality set by the State of Minnesota as a licensed Rule 29 and Statute 245-G mental health counseling and substance use disorder services organization.
We’re in network with most insurance companies. We have a scheduling team who will work with you to ensure we match you with a provider who will help you through your area(s) of concern/struggle.
Every community deserves to have a high quality behavioral health care provider. That’s why we’re continuously adding new clinics to better reach those in need of our services.
In early 2021, Nystrom completed a partnership acquisition of Psychiatric Associates of Iowa. Psychiatric Associates has been serving the Cedar Rapids, Iowa City, and North Liberty communities through its three clinic locations. By partnering with Psychiatric Associates, we now have the opportunity to continue helping more people as we grow throughout the state of Iowa. The Psychiatric Associates team is comprised of highly regarded professionals from the behavioral health field and we couldn’t be more proud to partner with them!
The clinical staff in Minnesota, Iowa, and Wisconsin are licensed professionals and/or have advanced graduate training in the mental health and/or substance use disorder field. Each provider is experienced and is committed to high standards of professional practice.
We accept most insurances. Our office staff will verify insurance benefits before a client’s first visit.
A reduced rate for uninsured private pay patients is available.
Nobody will be denied access to services due to inability to pay. There is a discounted/sliding fee schedule available based on family size and income.
Hours and Availability
We offer services Monday through Saturday, as well as evening hours Monday through Thursday at most clinic locations.
- December – Madison, WI Clinic to open
- November – Appleton, WI Clinic Opens
- October – West Des Moines, IA Clinic Opens
- August – Fergus Falls Clinic Opens
- June – Acquired Crossroads Counseling
- May – Andover Clinic Opens
- March – Crystal Clinic Opens
- February – Cedar Rapids, IA Clinic Opens
- January – Rochester North Clinic Opens, Aquired LifeWorks & SteppingStone Therapeutic
- November – Mendota Heights Clinic Opens
- October – Cottage Grove Clinic Opens
- September – Big Lake Treatment Center Opens
- September – Hugo Clinic Opens
- July – Duluth Mall Clinic Opens
- July – Bemidji Clinic Opens
- July – Red Wing Clinic Opens
- June – Alexandria Clinic Opens
- June – Hudson, WI Clinic Opens
- May – Eau Claire, WI Clinic Opens
- April – Stillwater Clinic Opens
- April – Chaska Clinic Opens
- April – LaCrosse, WI Clinic Opens
- April – Nystrom expands to Wisconsin
- March – Roseville Clinic Opens
- March – Lakeville Clinic Opens
- March – Hutchinson Clinic Opens
- February – Acquired Psychiatric Associates Iowa
- January – Blaine Clinic Opens
- December – Moorhead Clinic Opens
- November – Edina Clinic Opens
- November – Maplewood Clinic Opens
- Mankato Clinic Opens
- October – Rochester Clinic Opens
- August – Minnetonka Clinic Opens
- April – Cambridge Clinic Opens
- Big Lake Clinic Opens
- October – Bloomington Clinic Opens
- January – St. Cloud/Sartell Clinic Opens
- Coon Rapids Clinic Opens
- Maple Grove Clinic Opens
- Telehealth Platform Launched
- Woodbury Clinic Opens
- Adult Day Treatment Service Begins
- SUD Services Begin
- Eden Prairie Clinic Opens
- Otsego Clinic Opens
- DBT Program Begins
- ARMHS Programs Begin
- Apple Valley Clinic Opens
- Baxter Clinic Opens
- Duluth Clinic Opens
- HCBS Programs Begin
- CTSS Programs Begin
- Psychiatry Services Begin
- Brian & Mary Ann Nystrom open NAL